The Army has released new guidelines for female hairstyles. The updated policy allows braids, locks, twists, ponytails, and other natural styles. The move is seen as a step forward to allow more individuality and self-expression among service members. It also reflects the changing demographics of the military, which now includes a greater number of women.
Military-style female hairstyles
While hairstyle trends come and go, the Army has always had specific regulations for the hairstyles of its female soldiers. These regulations are in place for various reasons, including hygiene, uniformity, and practicality.
In recent years, the Army has updated its grooming standards to allow more diversity among its female soldiers. The new standards still maintain strict regulations about what is considered acceptable, but they give women more options for their hair.
Here are some of the most common hairstyles that are now allowed under Army regulations:
- Braids: Braided hairstyles are now allowed as long as the braids are not excessively large or decorated with beads or other objects. The braids must also be tucked neatly under the soldier’s hat.
- Buns: Buns are allowed as long as they are not excessively large or high on the head. The bun must also be secured with a hair tie or barrette that matches the soldier’s hair color.
- Pixie Cut: The Army has always allowed short haircuts for women, but the pixie cut has become increasingly popular in recent years. This style is perfect for soldiers who need to wear their hair up in a helmet or other headgear.
- Natural Hair: The Army now allows women to wear their hair naturally, as long as it is well-groomed and neat. This includes styles such as Afros, dreadlocks, and twists.
- Colored Hair: The Army has always allowed soldiers to dye their hair, as long as the color is natural-looking and not excessively bright. More subtle colors such as ombré have become popular among female soldiers in recent years.
These are just a few of the many hairstyles allowed under Army regulations. With so many options available, there will be a style that works for every woman in the Army.
Female military hair care: how to maintain your hairstyle in the field
As a woman in the military, you know that maintaining your hairstyle can be a challenge, especially when you are in the field. Here are some tips to help you keep your hair looking its best:
- Keep it simple. You don’t have time to style your hair in intricate ways when you are in the field. Instead, choose a hairstyle that is easy to maintain and doesn’t require a lot of time or effort.
- Use the right products. Make sure you are using products designed for military women’s hair. These products will help protect your hair from the elements and keep it healthy.
- Be gentle with your hair. When washing your hair, be sure to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Avoid using hot water, as this can damage your hair.
- Don’t neglect your scalp. Remember to wash your scalp as well as your hair. This will help to remove any build-up that can lead to scalp irritation.
- Protect your hair from the sun. If you are going to be spending time in the sun, be sure to wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair. The sun can damage your hair, so precautions are important.
By following these tips, you can maintain your hairstyle in the field and keep your hair looking its best.